Wednesday 19 March 2014

What's this?

Is that...?

It can't be.

Can that really be handspun?



Good lord. I believe it is.

Yes, my kittens, I have finally finished a spinning project in 2014. This is my most recent "spin on a spindle while at SCA events" project. I was definitely working on it at Raglan last summer, and I'm pretty sure I started it well before that. Let's say I've been working on it, on and off, for the best part of a year. High time it was finished, in other words.

As is my usual practice with event spinning, I divided a braid of fiber into rough thirds, spun each of them on a spindle, wound off onto a wheel bobbin, and then 3-plied until one of the bobbins ran out. The smaller skein is the chain-plied leftovers from the two fuller bobbins. Given that the smaller skein is also a full quarter of the fiber, I'm thinking I should start dividing with the aid of my scales instead of eyeballing it.

No comments: