Wednesday 7 January 2015

Let the Year of Selfish begin!

Happy New Year, everyone! It is officially the start of the Year of Selfish craft-along.

There are no deadlines and just one rule - have fun making stuff for yourself. If that means making things to sell to fund your other escapades, great. If it means working on reducing your stash, or working through your works-in-progress, awesome. If it means starting all those things you've been putting off forever, go for it.

Personally, I'm going to be working a little bit on all of those things. My enormous list of goals is going to take somewhere in the region of 3-4 years, but here are some highlights:

  • A complete outfit, c. 1545, for shooting in
  • Finally finishing my Yule Shawl (started more than two years ago!)
  • Knitting a shawl for a friend's wedding, from fancy stash I bought and have been hoarding
  • Restocking my sock drawer
  • Washing and spinning up some of my fleeces
  • Making a quilt
Basically, I want to have a year balanced equally between finishing stuff in progress and new projects, while reducing the overall volume of my stash.

No comments: